11.02.2006

In New York

After begin in a perpetual state of transition for the last several months, I've finally made it to some solid ground. Just moved into a new place in Poughkeepsie, NY. While it feels great to have a footing, now I have to start another transition into the art scene that is taking place around here. As of right now, I'm feeling a bit lost. Or maybe, I'm just a bit impatient about things. Am meeting with a great group of people down in New York called the Flux Factory. Was looking at their website last night and they seem like a great group of interesting people. Which is exactly what I am looking for. There are a few other things on the horizon, but I'm having to wait for them. What is the phrase? Patience is a virtue.

So, it's quiet. Have been taking some time to check out the city and see what is around. Thus far, I've been hitting the economic side of the area, trying to settle in. Am hoping to see a different side of things soon. Am thinking that I should be more up front about things and just start contacting people.

What I've been trying to do is take this opportunity to start anew. There are things out there and possibilities to explore. A new history, new people, even new food. I've just got to spend the time trying to get out and see what I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home